Special for independent media
Phoenix Chorale celebrates the holidays by highlighting the richness of Spanish and Latin music that relates to this special time of year.
“A Chorale Christmas: Navidad” will be performed at venues around the valley, December 15-19.
Filled with holiday music to inspire the season, “A Chorale Christmas: Navidad” will feature the Grammy-winning Phoenix Chorale performing arrangements by Spanish Renaissance Catholic priest Francisco Guerrero, folk songs from the Catalan region from Spain and the composer Ariel Ramirez, beloved for his Argentine Folk Songs.
Phoenix Chorale will also commemorate Ralph Vaughan Williams’ 150th birthday with the nostalgia-fueled Fantasia set to Christmas carols as well as arrangements of holiday songs.
The Phoenix Chorale, a choral ensemble, was founded in 1958 with a mission of building community through song and enriching lives through choral art. Each of its artists live in Arizona, many of whom conduct musical activities in Metro Phoenix area schools, community colleges, and teach voice lessons.
“A Chorale Christmas: Navidad” locations:
- 7:30 p.m. Thursday, December 15 at Brophy Chapel, 4701 N. Central Ave., Phoenix
- 7:30 p.m. Friday, December 16 at Pinnacle Presbyterian Church, 25150 N. Pima Road, Scottsdale
- 7:30 p.m. Saturday, December 17 at Trinity Episcopal Cathedral, 100 W. Roosevelt St., Phoenix
- 3 p.m. Sunday, December 18 at Camelback Bible Church, 3900 E. Stanford Drive, Paradise Valley
- 7:30 p.m. Monday, December 19 at Brophy Chapel, 4701 N. Central Ave., Phoenix