CONCORD, NH (CBS) — All state-run COVID vaccine sites in New Hampshire will permanently close on Thursday.
The New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services announced the planned closure of sites earlier this month.
READ MORE: ‘The energy here is fantastic’: Boston Marathon runners enjoy BAA’s Fan Fest ahead of main event
Sites in Ashland, Berlin, Claremont, Concord, Keene, Laconia, Manchester, Nashua, Rochester, Salem and Stratham will cease operations permanently from 7 p.m.
Four of the seven mobile vaccination teams will also be demobilized on Thursday.
READ MORE: Fallen soldiers and first responders honored with ‘Tough Ruck’ march in Concord
“The efforts over the past year and a half to get our residents vaccinated have been a tremendous success,” Governor Chris Sununu said as he announced the closures. “To our volunteers, members of our National Guard, local police, fire and emergency services, the people of New Hampshire say, Thank you!”
The state said demand for vaccines has declined as the number of people vaccinated has increased.
NO MORE NEWS: Boston businesses and restaurants benefit from the flow of visitors before the marathon
As of March 15, all state-run COVID testing sites in New Hampshire have also closed.